Monday, July 18, 2016

Gracious Confidence

As I read this book The Jesus Hearted Woman by Jodi Detrick. I was impacted by the following quote:

"Contrary to what some may think, insecurity is not humility, Quite the opposite, it's me focused and is more concerned with self-protection than risking rejection or pain for the benefit for others."

It brought to my mind that the reason I have this fear of  public speaking is because Iam "me focused" instead of focusing on the fact that what I want to share is a word from God! That the information I want to share may transform someones heart and bring a word of Hope. When my focus is Jesus and his word and making a difference in a hurting world. My influence is bigger than me!  God is glorified and my heart is transformed change happens and his kingdom expands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment